Saturday, November 19, 2011

Get out your measuring stick!


 Isn’t it funny when the same things start arriving in your life?  

 Lately I have had lots of things come into my life regarding goals.  I always like to have a goal in mind, sometimes they even get written down.  

 But do I measure them?  Check back in on them?  Not with the precise, written on the calendar, blocked out time methods.


So when they say a goal not written down is just a wish, I think that could also apply to missing the measuring part of the equation.

 For me, I like to give myself goals with a treat at the end, the carrot on the stick approach.  I am sure that this will not work for everyone & we each need to decide what works for us.

 I can get more work done if I get to go read a chapter of my book at lunch or go to a movie at the end of the week, or have a dinner party to celebrate our achieving the month’s goals.  You get the idea.

So the idea is to have 5 year goals, 3 year goals, 1 year goals, monthly goals, weekly goals—all leading to that fantastic 5 year target.

And creating great carrots as each level is achieved.  It helps not only with getting to that 5 year goal, but also in team building, relationships, & client relations.

Especially as we come up to those New Year’s resolution goals…Let’s take our businesses to the next level & plan out the year so that we have great reasons to celebrate in the Holiday season of 2012! 

Get out those measuring sticks!!  Share one goal with me, that’s how accountability partners come into play!

No comments: